5 Quick Tips on Staying Slim
By Selena (CARiNG Pharmacist) | Malaysia | Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:19am
Manage Weight with High-fiber Diet1
- Dietary fiber normalizes bowel movements, increases satiety, curbs bingeing, helps regulate blood sugar and reduces bad cholesterol.
- Psyllium Husk – is a soluble fiber derived from the seeds of Plantago ovate. When combined with water, Psyllium husk swells and produces more bulk, which stimulates the intestines to contract and helps speed the passage of stool through the digestive tract.
- Apple and Vegetable Blend – a combination of insoluble fiber that promotes bowel regularity naturally without giving rise to flatulence. By adding bulk to the stool, it makes bowel movements much easier and prevents constipation, accelerating the weight loss rate.
Cleanse and Detox2
- Toxins tend to stick to the walls of colon and intestines with an improper bowel movement.
- The build-up of these toxins can stop nutrients from being absorbed and promote weight gain.
- It also disrupts the fat burning mechanism, decreases metabolism, increases sugary food cravings and causes illnesses in the long run.
- Barley, Wheatgrass, Spirulina, Spinach, Kale – green foods that provide digestive tract a detoxifying boost of chlorophyll.
- Chlorophyll works during digestion to both detoxify the body of toxins ingested through foods as well as to detoxify the body of existing stored toxins.
Speed Up Body Metabolism and Burn Fat2
- Exercise – Mixing up exercise routine and adding in a few high-intensity workouts, cam boost body metabolism and help to burn fat.
- Garcinia Cambogia – rich source of hydroxycitric acid (HCA) has boosted fat burning and cut back appetite in studies. It helps with weight reduction by promoting a feeling of fullness, which helps reduce caloric intake.
- Glucomannan – a soluble dietary fiber that can absorb up to 50 times its weight in water. It increases feeling of satiety and fullness and prolongs gastric emptying by absorbing water in the stomach.
- Acai Berry – a high-antioxidant fruit that has appetite-suppressing abilities and increase body metabolism.
- Digestive Enzymes – The digestive enzymes that are important for proper digestion help break down the food and keep body metabolism burning fat.
Drink Plenty of Water3
- Water carries many essential functions like flushing out the toxins and, aiding digestion, preventing constipation and maintaining the electrolyte balance.
- Starting the day with a glass of warm water cleanses the digestive system, and improves body metabolism.
- Drinking water half an hour before a meal helps one avoid eating and drinking extra calories in the form of other high calorie beverages.
Healthy Eating Plan3
- Eat A Hearty Breakfast - Skipping the breakfast, may indulge you to binge more later in the day, which is a further invitation to extra kilos.
- Eat A Rainbow - Having all coloured fruits and veggies on plate to make sure all the fibers, vitamins and antioxidants in place.
- Eat Good Fats - It is important to cut out on 'bad fats', 'good fats' like whole eggs, coconut oil and fatty fish should become a part of healthy- balanced diet.
- Eat Whole Grains over the Refined Variety - Whole grains are packed with high quality fibers. Fiber takes the longest to digest, which keeps satiated for long and prevents from bingeing into other fattening foods.
- Eat at Regular Intervals - Try and reduce the intervals between each major meal and try to have 6-7 short meals everyday.
- Eat Lean Protein - Protein plays a crucial role in muscle building and weight loss, by choosing lean variety of meat such as chicken and fish avoid the extra fat in red meat, bacon and sausages.
- Eat Less Sugar - Excessive refined sugar is bad for health and piles on unnecessary calories.
- Eat Less Salt - Greater the amount of salt, greater the risk of water retention and weight gain.
- Mayo Clinic Staff (22nd September 2015) Dietary fiber: Essential for a healthy diet, Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/fiber/art-20043983 (Accessed: 14th August 2018).
- National Institutes of Health (1st November 2017) Dietary Supplements for Weight Loss, Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/WeightLoss-HealthProfessional/(Accessed: 14th August 2018).
- Sushmita Sengupta (26th April 2018) Eat To Stay Slim! A Dozen Ways To Stay In Shape, Available at: https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/eat-to-stay-slim-a-dozen-ways-to-stay-in-shape-1778731 (Accessed: 14th August 2018).
5 Quick Tips on Staying Slim
- Manage Weight with High-fiber Diet –- Dietary fiber normalizes bowel movements, increases satiety, curbs bingeing, helps regulate blood sugar and reduces bad cholesterol.
- Cleanse and Detox – Helps to remove toxins, support digestion, cleanse the liver and aid in weight loss.
- Speed Up Body Metabolism and Burn Fat with exercise and nutrition.
- Drink Plenty of Water –-Water carries many essential functions like flushing out the toxins and, aiding digestion, preventing constipation and maintaining the electrolyte balance.
- Healthy Eating Plan –- Eat A Hearty Breakfast, Eat A Rainbow, Eat Good Fats, Eat Whole Grains over the Refined Variety, Eat at Regular Intervals, Eat Lean Protein, Eat Less Sugar and Eat Less Salt.
5 Quick Tips on Looking Good
By Selena (CARiNG Pharmacist) | Malaysia | Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21amBring Out Your ConfidenceRead More >
C The Difference
By Joshua Ng (Pharmacist, Caring Pharmacy) | Malaysia | Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:50amAre Vitamin C Supplements the same as Natural Vitamin C?Read More >
HFMD outbreak: 5 Actions & 8 products available at Caring Pharmacy
By Joshua Ng (Pharmacist, Caring Pharmacy) | Malaysia | Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:27pmRead More >