5 Quick Tips on Looking Good
By Selena (CARiNG Pharmacist) | Malaysia | Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21am
5 Quick Tips on Looking Good
Healthy living boosts circulation and improves complexion by feeding the skin cells with rejuvenating oxygen and nutrients, while working to remove toxins and waste products.
- Healthy eating: Lower carbohydrates intake, eat fiber-rich foods like whole grains, vegetables and fruit and add healthy fats in diet (e.g. coconut oil or olive oil).
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water. Lower caffeine and alcohol intake.
- Exercise: Get 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise a day, five days a week.
- Sleep: Get seven to eight hours of shut-eye per night.
- Managing stress: Try medication, yoga or breathing exercises.
Utilize the Power of Antioxidants2
- External factors such as smoking, stress, pollution and sunlight lead to free-radical damage to the skin.
- Free radicals can damage collagen, which can cause skin dryness, fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
- Antioxidants protect the skin from damage by neutralizing free radicals.
- Eating antioxidants rich food helps with collagen production, which in turn improves the skin’s appearance and brightens the skin, making it look firmer and younger.
- Fruits and vegetables such as berries, oranges, grapes, nuts and dark green veggies contain high antioxidants.
- Some of the powerful antioxidants supplements include vitamin E, vitamin C, astaxanthin, grapeseeds, lycopene and coenzyme Q10.
Eat Your Collagen3
- Collagen is one of the most valuable proteins in the body. It is a cement-like material that binds together the cells in the body, leading to more skin elasticity.
- Collagen fibers are major building blocks in skin, bone, joints (tendons and ligaments) and blood vessels.
- In terms of beauty benefits, collagen has been shown to increase skin firmness and hydration, strengthen hair and improve nail health.
- For optimal absorption, use hydrolyzed collagen. It is easily digestible, absorbed and distributed in the body due to its low molecular weight.
- A 2015 Brazil study found a statically significant improvement in skin elasticity in a group of women ages 40 to 60 years who took a hydrolyzed collagen supplement compared to a group that took a placebo4.
Enhance Skin Health with Probiotics5
- Probiotics are microorganisms that restore good bacteria to the digestive tract.
- They can be found in supplement forms such as powders or pills and in fermented foods like miso, fermented soybeans, yogurt, apple cider and raw cheese.
- There are numerous strands of probiotics that are beneficial to our health. The most common groups are called lactobacillus (lactic acid) and Bifidobacterium.
- Lactic acid is known for its anti-aging and anti-acne benefits while Bifidobacterium plays a key role in strengthening the immune system.
- The benefits of probiotics for skin:
- Prevent skin cells from reacting against bad bacteria, which causes inflammation.
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Strengthen skin’s immune system
- Prevent breakouts and clarify skin
- Speed up skin’s reparation processes
Anti-aging with Sheep Placenta6
- Sheep placenta activates the release of HGH (Human Growth Hormone), which is the essential hormone to regulate the regeneration of damaged cells as well in repairing the wounded cells.
- It helps to produce collagen, elastic fibers and glycoproteins making the skin appear firmer and tighter.
- It stimulates the renewal of aged, tired and unhealthy cells in the body, nourishing them from inside out, providing longer lasting results.
- It helps to moisturize and hydrate the skin with its high concentration of Vitamin E, which helps to neutralize free radicals in the body.
- It reduces the multiple effects of skin blemishes, acne, acne scars and large pores.
- Hannah Nichols (14 November 2017) Five life hacks for healthy skin, Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320071.php (Accessed: 14th August 2018).
- Antioxidants – Better Health Channel. 2018, Available at: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/antioxidants. (Accessed 14 August 2018).
- Silke, K.S., Vasiliki, A.Z., Evgenia, M. and Christos C.Z. (2012) 'Discovering the link between nutrition and skin aging', DermatoEndocrinology, 4(3), pp. 298-307 [Online]. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583891/ (Accessed: 14th August 2018).
- Maia Campos PMBG,Melo MO, Calixto LS, Fossa MM (2015) 'An Oral Supplementation Based on Hydrolyzed Collagen and Vitamins Improves Skin Elasticity and Dermis Echogenicity: A Clinical Placebo-Controlled Study', Clinical Pharmacology & Biopharmaceutics, 4(142), pp. [Online]. Available at: https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/an-oral-supplementation-based-on-hydrolyzed-collagen-and-vitamins-improves-skin-elasticity-and-dermis-echogenicity-a-clinical-placebocontrolled-study-2167-065X-1000142.php?aid=58654 (Accessed: 14th August 2018).
- Betty Kovacs Harbolic, MS, RD (14 April 2016) Probiotics, Available at: https://www.medicinenet.com/probiotics/article.htm#what_are_probiotics (Accessed: 14th August 2018).
- How Placenta Helps in Health & Beauty Treatment 2018, Available at: http://www.celllabs2u.com/index.asp?p=/static/article.html (Accessed: 14th August 2018).
5 Quick Tips on Looking Good
- Exercise, Drink plenty of Water, Eat healthy and Sleep well – boosts circulation and improve skin complexion.
- Utilize the power of Antioxidant – Antioxidants protect the skin from damage by neutralizing free radicals.
- Eat your Collagen – Collagen has been shown to increase skin firmness and hydration, strengthen hair and improve nail health.
- Enhance Skin Health with Probiotics – Probiotics prevent skin cells from reacting against bad bacteria and strengthen skin’s immune system.
- Anti-aging with Sheep Placenta – Sheep Placenta stimulates the renewal of aged, tired and unhealthy cells in the body, nourishing them from inside out.
5 Quick Tips on Staying Slim
By Selena (CARiNG Pharmacist) | Malaysia | Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:19amBring Out Your ConfidenceRead More >
C The Difference
By Joshua Ng (Pharmacist, Caring Pharmacy) | Malaysia | Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:50amAre Vitamin C Supplements the same as Natural Vitamin C?Read More >
Skin Supplements: Collagen vs Stem Cells vs Sheep Placenta vs Deer Placenta
By Joshua Ng (Pharmacist, Caring Pharmacy) | Malaysia | Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:55pmThere are various types of supplements known for its anti-aging abilities...Read More >